Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Muffin is not a Cupcake!


Coffee Chip Muffins

Eeeh, I know these are muffins and not cupcakes, but I thought they deserve a place in the blog. Sometimes people call cupcakes muffins and muffins cupcakes but there is a difference between the two. Besides ingredient differences, cupcakes have papers and frosting, and muffins don't. I'm not sure how many times I've had to smile and say, "Cupcake." following, "Oh yeah, I checked out your muffin blog..." But, it's not the end of the world.

Aside from that, it took me a long time to try and think up something to make. Lots of different cupcake ideas came into my head, but I ended up just following a recipe. These are the first recipe I've done from a cookbook I picked up called Vegan Brunch. This was a book I've been waiting for...my favourite meal of the day and by my favourite cookbook author! Needless to say, these turned out great. Also, I got to use my cupcake scoop for the first time. So, I ended up with preeeetty even cupcakes! So...coffee, chocolate, yummy...you know.

No comments: